Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Today we remember 9/11

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing 11 years ago, on 9/11/01 as I am sure many of you do.  Today is a solemn day, a day to remember not only what occurred on that day and honor those we lost, but also to recognize the sacrifice that our military has made in the war on terrorism.  

Today at noon at the Wharton County Courthouse Gazebo you can join local churches and leaders for the annual Cry Out America Prayer Gathering.  This is a time for us to come together to recognize the sacrifice of our military, remember 9/11, and pray for our national, state, county and city leaders.  The program will last about 45 minutes.  Please bring a chair if you wish to be seated during the program.  

One of my friends posted this on Facebook and I wanted to share. 


I'll leave you with a quote...



"Now, we have inscribed a new memory alongside those others. It's a memory of tragedy and shock, of loss and mourning. But not only of loss and mourning. It's also a memory of bravery and self-sacrifice, and the love that lays down its life for a friend-even a friend whose name it never knew. " 
-President George W. Bush, December 11, 2001



No comments:

Post a Comment